Sunderland Forum - Original And "Family Friendly"
Join Us If You Support SAFC Or Have Wearside At Heart!

Anyone know if peacock tyres still do remoulds?

The Sunderland Forum is all about local issues. The City of Sunderland includes Washington, Houghton and Hetton. However, we allow news, views and gossip from all areas surrounding Wearside.
Steve30000
Freedom of the City
Freedom of the City

Anyone know if peacock tyres still do remoulds?

Post by Steve30000 »

They used to, I've never been there for ages now. Or does anyone know anywhere else good that does?

Sunderland Nut
Freedom of the City
Freedom of the City

Re: Anyone know if peacock tyres still do remoulds?

Post by Sunderland Nut »

If you do find remoulds, you'll probably find new tyres are just a few pounds more and are too tempting.
Peacock Tyres is a good honest place for getting you back on the road and their prices are always competitive.
Sounds like I work for them :lol:
I drive up to 130 miles a day while I do my job so I need my tyres checked often and that's the first place I think of.
I got new tyres for my Hyundai I10 for £35 each and that sorted me out.

Remoulds (never seen these in years) I wouldn't touch at all if I was ever going to do high-speed travelling.
They have probably improved a lot over the years but they once had a bad reputation that's why I never consider them now.

The other alternative and I've done this many times before, is to go for part-worn tyres.
I got mine at Back Parade Hendon.
Just google for part-worn tyres in Sunderland to see what is available.

Nowadays I just pop into Peacocks on account of the time I have available (too much hard work) and buy their cheapest tyres.
I see them as the Aldi of the tyre world - decent prices for what you need.

Good luck with finding the right tyres and if you are only ever a local driver like me, just go for the cheapest option.
I've done this all my life and never had a problem but I do note that cheaper tyres wear down much quicker than the expensive ones.
That probably sums up "you get what you pay for".

blockheed
Sunderland Casuals
Sunderland Casuals

Post by blockheed »

Get the part-worn if you can. Many are imported from Germany if I remember correctly where their standards are much higher than ours. Great value but I haven't changed the tyres in a few years now so I don't know where is best. I haven't seen remoulds for a long time.

Steve30000
Freedom of the City
Freedom of the City

Post by Steve30000 »

blockheed wrote: 30 Oct 2022, 15:16 Get the part-worn if you can. Many are imported from Germany if I remember correctly where their standards are much higher than ours. Great value but I haven't changed the tyres in a few years now so I don't know where is best. I haven't seen remoulds for a long time.
Just checked the prices elsewhere for tyres I've already got... £100 each.. 😐

Sunderland Nut
Freedom of the City
Freedom of the City

Post by Sunderland Nut »

Steve30000 wrote: 30 Oct 2022, 18:47
blockheed wrote: 30 Oct 2022, 15:16 Get the part-worn if you can. Many are imported from Germany if I remember correctly where their standards are much higher than ours. Great value but I haven't changed the tyres in a few years now so I don't know where is best. I haven't seen remoulds for a long time.
Just checked the prices elsewhere for tyres I've already got... £100 each.. 😐
I would ring Peacocks and Foremost Tyres at Southwick and see how they compare with the options available.
You can only put it to them and they are both down-to-earth places that will set you up with what you need
Those prices would kill me right now so I wouldn't dash into things.