Sunderland Forum - Original And "Family Friendly"
Join Us If You Support SAFC Or Have Wearside At Heart!

Ear irrigation

The Sunderland Forum is all about local issues. The City of Sunderland includes Washington, Houghton and Hetton. However, we allow news, views and gossip from all areas surrounding Wearside.
Steve30000
Freedom of the City
Freedom of the City

Ear irrigation

Post by Steve30000 »

Why are the NHS slowly getting rid of this procedure? My doctor's can't do it anymore and their excuse is that the nurse that usually carries this out is currently on the sick long term.

Went to another doctors who do it but you need to be registered with them.

Another option is going private... Which costs anywhere between £70-200

LET THIS SERVE AS A WARNING TO ANYONE WHO BELIEVES THE RUBBISH THAT THIS CONSERVATIVE GOVERNMENT ARE PUSHING WITH THE NHS, THEY'RE DESPERATE TO PRIVATISE IT AND WE'LL ALL LOSE OUT.

This underfunding never happened as much as it is now since this evil lot got into power.

Sunderland Nut
Freedom of the City
Freedom of the City

Re: Ear irrigation

Post by Sunderland Nut »

I blame mass immigration and all the illegals.
I know it's politically incorrect to say that but I'm only saying what most people think.
Blame the Tories for not controlling immigration because this county is too small to have this massive population and no money to fund things.
They could put our taxes and National Insurance up but we would all complain about that.
My doctor is the same, by the way.

Mawsey
Local MP
Local MP

Post by Mawsey »

They have said it is because of uncontrolled immigration so that's ok.

Steve30000
Freedom of the City
Freedom of the City

Post by Steve30000 »

Mawsey wrote: 21 Apr 2023, 18:08 They have said it is because of uncontrolled immigration so that's ok.
Here's a novel idea... If you have a national insurance number, you get treated.
If you don't, you'll have to pay.

Why should those who have paid thousands and thousands into the system not get access to a service that they've paid for?

Mawsey
Local MP
Local MP

Post by Mawsey »

Steve30000 wrote: 22 Apr 2023, 09:14
Mawsey wrote: 21 Apr 2023, 18:08 They have said it is because of uncontrolled immigration so that's ok.
Here's a novel idea... If you have a national insurance number, you get treated.

Why should those who have paid thousands and thousands into the system not get access to a service that they've paid for?
Don't they do that already? I bet that's in theory and a high percentage still don't pay.

Steve30000
Freedom of the City
Freedom of the City

Post by Steve30000 »

Mawsey wrote: 22 Apr 2023, 10:50
Steve30000 wrote: 22 Apr 2023, 09:14

Don't they do that already? I bet that's in theory and a high percentage still don't pay.
Well they should... If they haven't contributed, then why should they take out?
It affects all of us who do pay, as the rest of us suffer with services being pulled because of lack of funds.

In Australia, that's called common sense, in the UK it's " oh you have to treat people who haven't paid, human rights and all that"

😐 Then we wonder why the NHS is in a mess.
A private business demands payment, even if it's in healthcare, why are the NHS so scared to do the same?

Mawsey
Local MP
Local MP

Post by Mawsey »

Be careful of going down the American route. If you have no money, you get no treatment.

Steve30000
Freedom of the City
Freedom of the City

Post by Steve30000 »

Mawsey wrote: 22 Apr 2023, 16:36 Be careful of going down the American route. If you have no money, you get no treatment.
We're heading that way with this lot in charge. Services that used to be free on the NHS are being stopped.

Then other companies take advantage of it and charge for them instead. 🤦🏻‍♂️

The spire hospital is private... To see a consultant there costs you £150 to look at your ear, then £200 to irrigate/microsuction the wax.
This was a service offered for free by the NHS at one point. Unless you're rich, normal folk can't pay that. SCANDALOUS