We've had nearly 4 months to get a manager in, so where is he?

Welcome to the SAFC Forum and football lounge. You may chat about Sunderland AFC here together with any other footballing matters. Of course, the Black Cats are the main focus!
Steve30000
Freedom of the City
Freedom of the City

We've had nearly 4 months to get a manager in, so where is he?

Post by Steve30000 »

There should be no excuse not to have him in this week. We've had more than enough time to sound out potential candidates, interview them, look at their stats, pour over their skills.

If we don't have one ready to sign the contract this week, after nearly 4 months, you need to start to question wether the board are up to running this club.

Crawford
Local Legend
Local Legend

Re: We've had nearly 4 months to get a manager in, so where is he?

Post by Crawford »

I think the club sacked Michael Beale to allow Mike Dodds to manage the team until they looked for a permanent manager.
That made sense only if after all these months we survived the drop, which we did.
Also, in that time, they had that time to look carefully at who could replace him and bring that person in directly at the end of the season.
Therefore, I expect an announcement is imminent.
It would make the club look inept if the weeks drag on and we remain managerless.

Mawsey
Local MP
Local MP

Post by Mawsey »

I would imagine they have a short, short list now. The problem is the wages they are prepared to pay!

Steve30000
Freedom of the City
Freedom of the City

Post by Steve30000 »

Crawford wrote: 05 May 2024, 09:53 I think the club sacked Michael Beale to allow Mike Dodds to manage the team until they looked for a permanent manager.
That made sense only if after all these months we survived the drop, which we did.
Also, in that time, they had that time to look carefully at who could replace him and bring that person in directly at the end of the season.
Therefore, I expect an announcement is imminent.
It would make the club look inept if the weeks drag on and we remain managerless.
They've had plenty of time... They should know at least 3 they want and who's likely to come... They've had months to sort it out.