Sunderland Forum - Original And "Family Friendly"
Join Us If You Support SAFC Or Have Wearside At Heart!

Parts of Sunderland to be underwater by 2030

The Sunderland Forum is all about local issues. The City of Sunderland includes Washington, Houghton and Hetton. However, we allow news, views and gossip from all areas surrounding Wearside.
blockheed
Sunderland Casuals
Sunderland Casuals

Re: Parts of Sunderland to be underwater by 2030

Post by blockheed »

thingamajig wrote: 25 Sep 2022, 13:23 I don't know the answer :crybaby:
There is no real answer! The planet naturally has cycles of cooling down and heating up. Despite anything we say or do we can't prevent that. However, we can try our best but we have to stop the pussyfooting around and get our wallets out. It is that simple. But like I say, we can only do what we can with the scientific knowledge available now. We can't stop the cycles of nature no matter what anyone says.

Steve30000
Freedom of the City
Freedom of the City

Post by Steve30000 »

blockheed wrote: 25 Sep 2022, 13:34
thingamajig wrote: 25 Sep 2022, 13:23 I don't know the answer :crybaby:
There is no real answer! The planet naturally has cycles of cooling down and heating up. Despite anything we say or do we can't prevent that. However, we can try our best but we have to stop the pussyfooting around and get our wallets out. It is that simple. But like I say, we can only do what we can with the scientific knowledge available now. We can't stop the cycles of nature no matter what anyone says.
We do have cycles, you're right... But we're making the events harsher than they would be normally.

blockheed
Sunderland Casuals
Sunderland Casuals

Post by blockheed »

Steve30000 wrote: 28 Oct 2022, 10:12
blockheed wrote: 25 Sep 2022, 13:34

We do have cycles, you're right... But we're making the events harsher than they would be normally.
Some people are saying that we should be going through an ice age now but global warming is fighting that off. In these days of conflicting reports, it really is hard to know what to believe. I have always agreed though that we should not be burning fossil fuels in the way we have done. I just find that silly.