Sunderland Forum - Original And "Family Friendly"
Join Us If You Support SAFC Or Have Wearside At Heart!

What's That Book Called?

Welcome to the SAFC Forum and football lounge. You may chat about Sunderland AFC here together with any other footballing matters. Of course, the Black Cats are the main focus!
LynnMXX
Wearside Resident
Wearside Resident

What's That Book Called?

Post by LynnMXX »

Published in the 1970's (or perhaps the early 1980's), each page featured a season of SAFC, every match they played and the team's line-up for every match they played. I first saw this in the old central library building/local studies department. I was in Sunderland today and visited the relocated Sunderland Local Studies Department in that building that's decorated with elephants (but currently covered in scaffolding)!!! They had plenty of SAFC books, but not the one I was looking for. Does anyone know its title?

As an aside, I once asked someone to direct me to the old Central Library building (I'm from Stanley), and the old guy that I asked described the entrance as having "50p pieces set in that part of the pavement!" Ha ha, I thought that was a pretty neat description!!! Have a look for yourselves the next time you pass that way

Rat Scabies
Local MP
Local MP

Re: What's That Book Called?

Post by Rat Scabies »

I'd like to help, but I can't. I reckon a book like that would be canny thick like.

Crawford
Local Legend
Local Legend

Post by Crawford »

LynnMXX wrote: 12 Jan 2023, 00:23
As an aside, I once asked someone to direct me to the old Central Library building (I'm from Stanley), and the old guy that I asked described the entrance as having "50p pieces set in that part of the pavement!" Ha ha, I thought that was a pretty neat description!!! Have a look for yourselves the next time you pass that way
Interesting!
Don't know the book in question by the way.

Sunderland Nut
Freedom of the City
Freedom of the City

Post by Sunderland Nut »

Rat Scabies wrote: 12 Jan 2023, 13:04 I'd like to help, but I can't. I reckon a book like that would be canny thick like.
Published in the 1970's so might not be as thick as you imagine.